HPC Carpentry: Online
This online workshop is an introduction to using high-performance computing (HPC) systems effectively. It is intended to give students an introduction to HPC and an overview of the tools needed to start making use of HPC for your research computing needs.
By the end of this workshop, attendees will know how to:
- Connect to a cluster
- Use basic UNIX commands for managing files
- Work with the Nano editor
- Write simple shell scripts
- Submit and manage jobs on Summit using the SLURM scheduler
- Manage software through environment modules
Please visit https://hpc-carpentry.github.io/hpc-intro/setup/ for more information on setup, which needs to be completed prior to the workshop.
Connect via Zoom: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/4239862482
- Dates & Times:
- 9:00am - 5:00pm, Wednesday, September 26, 2018
9:00am - 5:00pm, Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Shelley Knuth & Timothy Dunn